Have you learned your lesson yet? Have you decided to stop ignoring the left yet? Will you stop being so smug and dismissive of your constituents?
If you ever want to win again, you’re going to have to change a few things. You could not beat the most reviled, least qualified imaginable candidate for president in recent history, and I’m not sure you even understand why.
Here is some free advice:
- Stop taking money from the banks.
- Stop doing everything the banks want you to do.
- Stop ignoring black people.
- Stop ignoring hispanic people.
- Stop ignoring Asian people.
- Stop ignoring Native Americans.
- Stop ignoring the working class.
- Stop ignoring women.
- Stop selling out the environment to the oil companies.
- Stop selling out our health to insurance companies.
- Stop taking money from every other media conglomerate.
- Stop taking money from the private prison industrial complex.
- Stop ignoring the student debt crisis; help students get educated.
- Stop being so chickenshit in general.
- Forget about centrism. Forget about being polite.
- Use our tax dollars for good things, not wars.
- Stop trying to enrich yourselves at our expense.
- Stop being so corrupt.
The GOP already does all of the above perfectly well and does not need your help. Stop trying to be like them, and start trying to represent the voters. I sincerely hope this election was a wakeup call for you. If not, you will become irrelevant — provided it isn’t already too late.